Our Favorite Easy Way to Study Grammar - Middle and High School Grammar Curriculum



Welcome!  We are glad that you are here!  If you like follow me on Pinterest, G+TwitterFacebook and Subscribe to BJ's Homeschool.  



Do you have a teen who struggles with grammar?

Do they have trouble with a traditional grammar program, or just dislike it a lot?  How about a grammar program that is fun? Did I just say fun??

 When we were looking around for a grammar program for my high schooler, we were not expecting to find something fun. I wanted something that was more approachable than memorizing grammar terms and definitions as presented in a standard grammar text. My daughter would get bogged down with the definitions and the long list of questions to answer after each term was introduced in regular grammar programs.

And when we found English 2600, my daughter was delighted...about grammar!   This program offers a series of books, for middle and high schoolers.


grammar

No memorizing, no sentence diagramming – can't get better than that!  The way it is presented actually makes it like a quiz game and the positive reinforcement all along the way makes it FUN!

It taught the grammar rules in a an easy step by step way, applying them to sample sentences right away.  There was immediate positive reinforcement too!

SO how does this program work?

Yes, it looks a bit weird but my daughter figured out how to use it quickly with the helpful instructions.  You just go from one "frame" to another, following the lesson that is so cleverly laid out.

Each step, or "frame" poses a question and then gives the answer on the next page, so the student can quickly self-correct, then go on to the next  frame.  Step by step.........please click here to reach my review.


gram 2

When my daughter was finished with this program, she not only knew the grammar rules, she was already applying them to her writing assignments without having to think about it.

 It got into her brain!

By the time that my daughter got to college, her grammar skills were already up to college level.  She was able to apply it to her college level essays and did well with them.

SO I highly recommend this grammar program.  For more information or to purchase any of the books in this series, please click here.  That will also give your info on which book to use for middle school and which one fits high schoolers.  Or for more information on this helpful grammar resource, please click here to reach my review.

Are you Homeschooling High School already?  

My book will make your high school planning so much easier.   It is based on my experience homeschooling high school and then helping my teen get accepted to multiple colleges, including a tier two U.

If you are applying to college this year, be sure to get your FASFA forms in early.  That is the way that the colleges give our merit aid and it is not based on financial aid at all.



My book is a do-it-yourself guide to high school, with helpful forms that go along with each chapter.  I also threw in tips for getting your teen into college, if that is what they may want to do. But this book will help you in your planning, where ever your teen is headed.

It lays out everything from making your homeschool transcript, finding curricula, writing course descriptions, assigning high school credit, dealing with references as a homeschooler and much more.

 Homeschooling High School with College in Mind 
 Kindle - Amazon 
Also in print - Amazon  
PDF on Educents  

No worry about forgetting anything! 

Here are the chapters:

Researching College Entrance Requirements
Planning High School with College in Mind 
Choosing High School Curriculum
Assigning High School Credit
Making Your Transcripts (Calculating the GPA, etc)
A TRANSCRIPT FORM FOR YOU TO JUST FILL IN
Electives and College
Writing the College Essay
Course Descriptions and Reference Letters
Preparing your Teen for College Writing
Don't Forget the FUN!

A printable for each chapter, to follow each step, one at a time.



Thanks for stopping by BJ's Homeschool,

Betsy


Betsy is mom to her now rising college senior, whom she homeschooled from preK through high school.  She blogs at BJ's Homeschool, about the early yearshigh school & college and wrote - Homeschooling High School with College in Mind.   She offers free homeschool help through messages at BJ's Consulting


Want to stay in touch?


This post was shared on my favorite linkups here.
Copyright, 2017, All Rights Reserved

3 comments:

  1. The entire information is really good and some good insights available. Looking forward to do more clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLEASE don't disappear. I'll be needing you next year, when we start high school. I wish I had found you sooner, but we just started a new grammar program and I want to give it a chance before switching. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Lysette! I am here to stay, lol! Now that my daughter is a senior in college, I have lots of time to blog and keep up my website, as I want it to be a place where families can find good quality homeschool resources and my book on high school and college, Homeschooling High School with College in Mind, if they have college bound teens. My daughter sure loved this grammar program. Good luck on yours! Ours is not the only good one out there for sure. Have a good year!

      Delete

Get more Updates

* indicates required
First Name
Email Address *