BJ's Consulting

Are you looking for a little advice from a veteran homeschooler?






As a homeschool blogger, I have often been approached by homeschoolers with a question or two. I began offering homeschool help five years ago by helping local families, when my daughter had become more independent in her learning.  






My husband and I built our family through adoption, flying to China to meet our daughter, at the tender age of 1. We have always homeschooled her, continuing from preschool, all the way thru high school.  


My daughter was accepted by four colleges, with scholarship offers, and is in  college now.  Be encouraged. We are pleased that she is having this opportunity and we are so glad that we homeschooled.  It was the best way for us to instill our family values and inspire her learning, one day at a time. 



My Background:

I am an eclectic homeschooler, and love hands-on learning.  We used a variety of curriculum, with a little charlotte mason, thrown in for good measure. 

I have worked as an OT, and taught preschool, pre-kid, but everything important that I have learned and value most, has been from homeschooling our daughter.


 

If you have a homeschooling a question or two, feel free to contact me.  No question is too small.  I can help with: 

1.  How do I getting started?
2.  Preschool
3.  Elementary thru High school
4.  Choosing Curriculum...and how to find a good fit
5.  College - preparing, applying, how to's - 
6.  Special Needs - ADD, ADHD, Sensory Issues
7.  What if my kids don't cooperate?
8.  Handwriting

To reach Betsy:
  
Like my facebook page, BJ's Homeschool, and send me an IM there. 

If it's a simple question, we can just do messaging.  For more lengthly discussions we can arrange a phone call through paypal



 I believe that homeschooling instills a love of learning and helps children to become all that they were meant to be.

Sometimes it's nice to have a little support while exploring the vast and sometimes overwhelming world of homeschooling.  


Recommendations:
  
"Betsy has been an immense help to me. When we were first starting to homeschool, she offered to assist. Her direction in everything from curricula choice to emotional adjustment was priceless. To this day, we remain connected as she gives me more information throughout our homeschool growth process. My only regret is that I don't live closer to her! Much gratitude and many thanks!!"  Theresa Harmon, Elem. Homeschooler, Pasco, WA


As a first time homeschooling parent - I could not say enough thanks to Betsy.  I first contacted her just to check out the basics for a new homeschooler, but her information and advice have been invaluable.  She is so knowledgeable about a wide range of issues, in many areas around the state.  That, coupled with her great attitude was fantastic!  Betsy - this note of recommendation for your outstanding assistance doesn't touch on all that I would to like to thank you for - but thank you!  You've made a great difference in our homeschool.  Janice Smith, homeschooler, Renton, WA.


Disclaimer:

My blog and my homeschool help services are based on my experience as a homeschool mom.  I do not give legal, medical, OT advice, or do educational assessments.  The decisions regarding the homeschool, it's curriculum, etc, is the province of the homeschooling family, in accordance with their state's homeschool law. 

Thanks for stopping by,

Betsy



Betsy blogs at BJ's Homeschool, where she writes about high school, collegeand all the fun of homeschooling the early years, too.  As a veteran homeschooler, Betsy offers homeschool help to families 


 Don't miss a post.
 TwitterFacebookGoogle, or Pinterest.
  




This post is linked to some of my favorite blog hops here.






 copyright 2016, all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more Updates

* indicates required
First Name
Email Address *