BJ's Homeschool - Top Five Posts


Thanks for stopping by!  I am glad that you are here.  I invite you to follow me on google plus at +Betsy Sproger




This holiday has been a nice one, with lots of time spent with my two sisters, gift exchanges with my nieces and nephews, and favorite holiday dinners, too.  At New Years, my family spent some time looking back on our year....

This year has been an exciting one for us...First, watching our daughter graduate from homeschool, getting accepted into college....




and then...going on to college this fall! 




It has been a joy...... to see her meet new challenges, make her own study schedule, join in activities, and make new friends at college.  

One of the highlights for her was to volunteer at a dance competition....Can you find her in the picture?  (4th from the right)
 


I also just started this blog last year, around this time....My first post was last December!  I have been so pleased to have this place for writing and sharing with you all!  I began blogging to share how we helped my daughter to apply to college.  But since then, I have also enjoyed writing about our earlier years, too. 

So  today, I'd like to share with you my "top five"posts, based on which ones were clicked on the most.  

BJ's Homeschool's 
Top Five Posts




First, I would like to thank each and every one of you for your support, for reading, and for sharing your comments throughout the year.   It has been a joy to meet you and to get to know you and your family through this blog!  So this post is my thank-you to you.....

Here's the number one post:






"Here is how we got started, aiming towards college....and it wasn't that hard to do, taking it one step at a time. Our first step was researching  the college websites.......and  there are many homeschool friendly colleges out there, and colleges are looking for the kind of students that homeschooling produces - motivated, independent learners."




"This post, in my blog series, is all about how we chose our curriculum for homeschooling towards college.  Now, as homeschoolers, we are experts at this, choosing curriculum stuff.... it's a no-brainer! Choosing curriculum for high school was really just the same, with one important difference..."




 


   "What is a credit, anyway?......and when we get in the business of assigning credits to our kids, where will that lead us?  Will we lose the very benefits that led us to homeschooling in the first place?  At first assigning high school credit seemed so daunting...."



"Are you looking for a little homeschool help?....As a veteran homeschooler and blogger, I have often been approached by homeschoolers with a question or two to discuss. I began offering free homeschool help three years ago....."







 "Here's what we did for those precious early years, and how we had fun doing it, with curriculum ideas and much more..." 



Thanks again for your support of  BJ's Homeschool.  For my fellow bloggers, are you also doing a top five, or ten, on your blog this year?  I wish you and yours, and especially your precious kids, a very blessed Happy New Year! 




 Happy Homeschooling,

Betsy 




Betsy blogs at BJ's Homeschool , where she writes about high school, collegeand all the fun of homeschooling the early years, too.  As a veteran homeschooler, Betsy also offers homeschool help to families 


 Don't miss a post! TwitterFacebookGoogle, or Pinterest.





This post is linked to some of my favorite blog hops here.



6 comments:

  1. Congrats on making it all the way through (to you and to her). :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Gale! And it is nice to get a congrats for us parents, too. Thanks for your sweet comment! I can't believe that my "little one" is gonig to be starting her second quarter of college tomorrow..... She is excited, and will be doing some favorite classes this quarter, and one that is about leadership, with lots of field trips...sounds kind of homeschooly, right? Have a good week,

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a very successful year!! I love all of these helpful resources for college. I will definitely be storing that information away for the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lindsay! It has been such a busy year....We are proud of our kid! Thanks for your nice comments, and I hope that you will be helped by some of my resources, in the future. Enjoy those little ones of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! I'm a newbie homeschooler, and I'm loving it.
    You had a wonderful year, wishing you all the best in 2015!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comment, Mrs. AOK, from Mrs. AOK - A Work in Progress. I enjoy linking up at your MommyMonday#BlogHop each week. We have had a busy and blessed year, full of adventures and new things. Maybe a little too busy, lol! I am enjoying watching my daughter take on college, as a newbie freshman. Wishing you great things in 2015!

    ReplyDelete