A Bit More of Summer, and College Classes



This week was all about spending time with my teen, and pretending that it was still summer, lol.  I do love fall, but am not quite ready to give up summer yet.

Monday, my daughter had a free afternoon, so I took her and her friend from church, out for lunch.  So nice to spend time with them.




They are both commuting to college this year.  By the way, college will start full force, for my "kid" next week.  That's what made this lunch so special.

Tuesday, my teen had her intro. college class, so I had lots of time for gardening.  I decided to try carrots also, this year, in my new project of fall gardening.  I haven't done it  before, so I am excited.  Now, it will be lettuce, carrots, and green onions, and zuchini.  Wish me luck, lol! I've been busy gathering tomatoes this week, too, so nice to see that they are turning red!




Wednesday was a day for writing, and studying....blogging for me, and studying for my teen.. It was like old times, when we homeschooled high school, nice.... I am glad my daughter took this intro. to college writing course, as it has given her lots of tips for essay writing, and what's expected in college.  

One of the assignments was related to notetaking.  They were asked to annotate, and make notes, in the margins, while reading a long essay.  What good practice, for future college classes!  Most colleges have these classes, which are usually offered at the end of summer quarter.

So while she was annotating, I wrote a post on Early Elementary Science, and had a lot of fun remembering how we did science, years ago.  The most important factor, for early science, for me, was to make it fun, so that my "kid" would learn to love science, especially important for girls.  And she still does!

Thursday, we took off to an outdoor festival, which featured Southeast Asian dance.  It was a find!  I loved watching their folk dances....



Lovely to see it with a backdrop of the trees....On the way home, we were in for another treat, as the mountain was out.  We had to stop and take a picture.....




What a treasure, nature is!   Friday, was another college day for my teen.  It is so fun to have her commuting to college, as she comes home, excited and full of energy.  That's a treasure, too.

So that's what happened in our house, this week.  How did your week go?  Link up and share your story, and I would enjoy getting your comments, too!


Have you seen my new book on college yet?



Get my best tips on college from a homeschool perspective!  Make your high school planning easier!  A great gift for your high schooler.

Kindle is $7.17 on Amazon  or read for free on Prime. 
In print on Amazon  for $9.19 

"Betsy's book is a terrific resource for homeschooling parents who are planning to send their teens to college.  As a homeschool upperclassman advisor, I can attest that the information is spot on.  Also the book is chock full of resources with links and lots of helpful forms.  Be sure you are ready to take notes while you read!"
........Vicki Tillman, from www.7sisters.com

Thanks for stopping by BJ's Homeschool,

Betsy  

 Betsy is mom to her 20 year old daughter whom she homeschooled from day one. She blogs at BJ's Homeschool, about the early years, and high school & college.  She offers free homeschool help and messaging at BJ's Consulting


Want to stay in touch?  
Pinterest, G+TwitterFacebook.


This post was shared on my favorite linkups here.


Have you seen the facebook group that I moderate at College Discussions for Homeschoolers?


This post was shared on my favorite linkups here.


Copyright, 2016, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more Updates

* indicates required
First Name
Email Address *