Milestones and a Video-Making Contest !




This week was all about milestones.....the big news is that my teen is now 18!  We have been celebrating all week....


First. I got her all to myself, with a birthday luncheon out...



We enjoyed our favorite pizza together......

Next was my teen's video contest awards and her birthday party!   First, they met for ice cream and presents....





Then they all headed to the Visfest Video Awards, where my daughter had entered three videos...





The girls had fun getting dressed up for the occasion....





My teen did not win the contest, but got to have her videos played in front of the audience.  The competition was tough, with lots of teens entering, their also well done videos.   I am proud of my daughter for entering, and for her hard work making her videos.


"Half of success is just showing up." 


 When I got a chance, I quickly snapped my teen's picture....





The next day, was a study day, and my teen is almost finished with her Physics, and is working hard to complete her work on Beowolf, while taking in some wondrous sunshine...





Then we stopped by our favorite coffee shop, to collect cans for rccycling, for my teen's senior project.



.



She calls her project, cans for cats, and is collecting pop cans, to raise money for seniors who need cat food for their cats.


Volunteering and service projects can be put into a homemade course, just by counting the hours.  When you have 90 hours, that is equal to one half credit in community service.  For more info, click here.






Friday, was our Youth Group picnic, and family and siblings were invited, too.  It was the end of the year event for my teen's high school church youth group.  We gathered around picnic tables at a beautiful state park....





Then we all headed to the beach...At first it was a bit rainy, but that didn't stop us. 




Soon the rain stopped, and the sun began to peak out...






and then a great blue heron joined us!





My daughter took this picture, which she learned how to do in one of our homemade courses.  We just enjoyed taking photos together, while I taught my teen photography through fun photo-taking road trips! More info on our homemade photography course here, in my post on assigning high school credit.

 Here's one I took, when the sun came out....






It was such a blessing to be at the park with our friends....Next week we are looking forward to another event--our Youth and Government annual picnic.   And it will also be at a beach park...I can't wait!







 Happy Homeschooling,

Betsy


Betsy blogs at BJ's Homeschool, where she writes about high school, collegeand all the fun of homeschooling the early years, too.  As a veteran homeschooler, Betsy offers homeschool help to families 


 Don't miss a post! TwitterFacebookGoogle, or Pinterest.
  





This post is linked to some of my favorite blog hops here.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your teens birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy! I can't believe that my daughter is 18! Boy, do the years fly by!

      Delete

Get more Updates

* indicates required
First Name
Email Address *