My Teen's Homeschool

DSCN5957
 Welcome to BJ's Homeschool !

My name is Betsy, and I am a writer, blogger, and most importantly, mom to this awesome teen, who has been homeschooled from day one.

My husband of 23 years has been a great support, and has done a lot of math teaching along the way.  I am also an aunt to five dynamic nieces and nephews, all of whom are homeschooled. I love photography, and getting out in nature as a family. Homeschooling my teen each since K has taught me so much, and has brought my family much joy along the way.

We are  eclectic homeschoolers, who loves to mix art in with our academics.  We have used both faith based and secular curriculum in our homeschool.   And lots of hands on learning!  My daughter graduated from our homeschool in June, 2014.   She was accepted by each of the colleges that we applied to, and is commuting to college this fall.  My, how time flies!  It seems like it was just a few years ago when we started on this path…..



This fall has been a busy and exciting time for us.  Last year was our last homeschooling year together, so I was cherishing every moment of it!  

In her senior year,  my teen was working on an online course in Government, lit and composition, videomaking and a science class from Alpha Omega.  She also volunteered as a teacher’s assistant. 

I have written about homeschooling high school here, and our journey towards college. And now I am starting my posts on the early years, and hope to share many more.

Where are you on your homeschool journey?  Do you have a teen who is learning at home, or are you homeschooling preschoolers?  Or elementary, or middles?  

Take a break from it all, and explore around about in my site, and I hope that you will find encouragement for your journey. 



Happy Homeschooling,

Betsy





Betsy blogs at BJ's Homeschool, where she writes about high school, collegeand all the fun of homeschooling the early years, too.  As a veteran homeschooler, Betsy offers homeschool help to families 


 Don't miss a post! TwitterFacebookGoogle, or Pinterest.
  




This post is linked to some of my favorite blog hops here.





 copyright 2014, all rights reserved

 

No comments:

Post a Comment